“Our mission is to address the chronic undersupply of social housing by delivering quality homes to meet the needs of the most vulnerable people in society within a sustainable funding framework”
We are building a portfolio of high yielding residential properties let on long term leases, with rents increasing in line with inflation, to quality tenants including charities and housing associations. Rather than acquire existing portfolios, we will continue to originate investments.
- Need – work with commissioners targeting acute & long term requirements
- Property – identify existing property or land that matches requirement of service user
- Finance – put together a sustainable funding solution
- Design & build – design spec of meet need ie. hoists, assisted technology, wet room, wheelchair accessablity
- Delivery – work with registered social landlord and care providers to prepare smooth transition
Walls & Futures was founded in 2008 by Joe McTaggart as an asset management & investment company.
With the aim of creating an alternative to direct property investment, the Walls & Futures London Growth Fund was established in 2011. The investment focus was to generate a capital return by acquiring, developing and renting residential properties in the London private rented sector (PRS). During the following 5 years the fund went onto build a portfolio in South West London which generated an un-leveraged, compounded net return of 7% per annum.
In order to build on its success, the management team and investors elected to restructure the company and the Fund to create Walls & Futures REIT plc. We raised £1.025m in new equity and were admitted to trading on the NEX Exchange in November 2016 (Ticker: WAFR).
The NEX Exchange provided us with a cost effective platform to support future growth, access to capital and liquidity together with the regulatory framework for REIT status.
- 13th February 2018Walls & Futures REIT plc (Epic: WAFR) Entitlement and Open Offer of up to 1,115,109 shares at 94p to raise £1,048,202 Walls & Futures [...] Read more
- 15th November 2017Joe McTaggart CEO and Founder of Walls & Futures REIT PLC a NEX Exchange listed property company speaks to Matt Brown about the growth of the [...] Read more
- 3rd November 2017Walls & Futures REIT plc (“WAFR”), the Real Estate Investment Trust and Social Stock Exchange member investing in UK residential property, [...] Read more