Walls & Futures is a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) investing in residential property, focusing on the social housing sector.
Our customers and strategic partners include local authorities, NHS trusts, housing associations, charities and care providers. We provide tailored housing solutions which include design, project management and development within a sustainable funding framework.
Our target is to deliver a long-term annual net return of between 7-9% of which 3-4% will be paid in the form of a dividend.
“Our mission is to address the chronic undersupply of social housing by delivering quality homes to meet the needs of the most vulnerable people in society within a sustainable funding framework”
To build a portfolio of high yielding residential properties that offer secure income from high-quality tenants. The properties will ideally be let on long term leases with rents increasing in line with inflation in order to provide an element of predictable growth.
Rather than acquiring existing portfolios, our preference is to build capacity and deliver quality homes that meet the needs of the service users within a sustainable funding framework. This can range from single properties, shared accommodation and cluster homes.
- Need – work with commissioners targeting acute & long term requirements
- Property – identify existing property or land that matches requirement of service user
- Finance – put together a sustainable funding solution
- Design & build – design spec of meet need ie. hoists, assisted technology, wet room, wheelchair accessablity
- Delivery – work with registered social landlord and care providers to prepare smooth transition
Walls & Futures was founded in 2008 by Joe McTaggart as an asset management & investment company.
With the aim of creating an alternative to direct property investment, the Walls & Futures London Growth Fund was established in 2011. The investment focus was to generate a capital return by acquiring, developing and renting residential properties in the London private rented sector (PRS). During the following 5 years the fund went onto build a portfolio in South West London which generated an un-leveraged, compounded net return of 7% per annum.
In order to build on its success, the management team and investors elected to restructure the company and the Fund to create Walls & Futures REIT plc. We raised £1.025m in new equity and were admitted to trading on the NEX Exchange in November 2016 (Ticker: WAFR).
The NEX Exchange provided us with a cost effective platform to support future growth, access to capital and liquidity together with the regulatory framework for REIT status.
- 17th October 2017Walls & Futures REIT plc (“WAFR”) the Real Estate Investment Trust committed to delivering secure long-term income and capital growth by [...] Read more
- 21st September 2017At today’s Annual General Meeting of Walls & Futures REIT plc (“WAFR” or “the Company”), the Board will make [...] Read more
- 13th September 2017The Board of Walls & Futures REIT plc (the “Company”) is pleased to confirm that it has been notified that the Chief Executive, Mr Joseph [...] Read more